Seaweed is a great, healthy addition to any meal but are you still wondering how to cook seaweed? Sometimes a lump of dried or fresh seaweed can be a bit daunting so why not cook with seaweed using Weed & Wonderful seaweed infused oils. It couldn’t be easier to get those umami flavours from the sea into your dish! Just take a look at our recipe page for loads of interesting yet easy and simple recipes.
Let’s get cooking!
We’ve listed a couple of our recipes to get you on your way to becoming a seaweed master!
Carrot Hummus with Smoked Seaweed
- 10 carrots chopped
- tahini 1 tsp
- salt 1/4 tsp
- 1/3 cup oil
- pinch smoked paprika
- juice 1/2 lemon
- Doctor Seaweed’s Weed & Wonderful Intense Smoked Seaweed Culinary Essence
- Chop carrots and roast at 200 degrees C for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile add the olive oil, smoked seaweed oil, salt, lemon juice, tahini and paprika to a blender
- when the carrots are roasted, add them to the blender and blend until smooth. ENJOY!
Saucy Seaweed Pesto
- 25 g Pine nuts roasted
- 40 g Basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 25 g Parmesan
- 50 ml Weed & Wonderful Pure Seaweed Infused Oil
- Put all in a blender or food processor and blend – It’s that easy!
- Enjoy with pasta or why not try with courgetti or spiralized butternut squash
We hope that Weed & Wonderful Oils make it easy and enjoyable to cook seaweed!
For a good, natural and organic source of iodine in your diet you may want to check out Doctor Seaweed’s Weed & Wonderful Seaweed Supplements. Seaweed is especially important if you follow a meat/dairy free diet as the only other good sources of iodine are white fish and dairy.