As we get closer to Christmas many people are looking for heart warming, extra special recipes to enjoy with family and friends. Weed & Wonderful Seaweed Infused Oils bring amazing flavours to any dish so we’ve brought a few Christmas favourites into our kitchen…
Scroll down for some chestnut stuffing, parsnips and love’em or hate’em…Brussels Sprouts!
Smokey Chestnut and Cranberry Stuffing
This recipe will have your kitchen filled with wonderful Christmas aromas!
- 150g breadcrumbs
- 200g cooked chestnuts, chopped roughly
- 1 onion and 1 garlic clove, chopped and cooked for 5 mins with butter (or oil if vegan)
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 80g dried cranberries
- 2 eggs beaten (replace with oil if vegan)
- 1/4 cup Weed & Wonderful Smoked Seaweed Infused Oil
Mix all ingredients together then form into balls and bake at 180°C for 25 mins or until golden and crisp on the outside…delicious!
Sticky Roasted Parsnips with Carrot, Apple and Smoked Seaweed Oil
A brilliant seaweed recipe for Christmas
- 4 parsnips peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp coriander seeds crushed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp Weed & Wonderful Smoked Seaweed Infused Oil
- 2 large carrots chopped length ways
- 2 red apples, chopped into thick slices
Mix the coriander seeds honey and seaweed oil in a small bowl. Drizzle half over parsnips on a baking tray and bake at 170°C for 20 minutes. Take out of the oven and add the carrots and apple, then cover with the remaining sauce. Bake again for a further 20 minutes. And wallah! A lovely Christmas side dish!
Smokey Christmas Salmon and Sprouts
Not for everyone but you’ve got to have them on the big day! This recipe is great for any leftovers!
- Weed & Wonderful Smoked Seaweed Infused Oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- about 14 Brussels Sprouts halved
- 2 tsp chopped chives and basil
- salt and pepper
Sprinkle a little oil onto a baking tray then add the salmon and sprouts. Cover with the herbs and season lightly. Add another drizzle of oil and rub the fillets to cover. Bake at 190°C for 17-20 minutes.
We hope you enjoy making some of these over the festive period…we know we’ll enjoy eating them