Could Seaweed Infused Oil be the new Chanukah Miracle!
Doctor Seaweed’s Weed & Wonderful Scottish seaweed infused oils are truly miraculous. Whilst this is not quite the miracle of the small pot of oil burning for an unexpected 8 days that is celebrated over Chanukah, Doctor Seaweed’s range of Kosher certified Weed & Wonderful seaweed infused oils make the ideal Chanukah gift. (And will last way way longer than 8 days!)
Scroll own for a recipe!
Buy your Chanukah gift set now…all three superb seaweed infused oils for just £25.99
Our Organic and Kosher certified seaweed oils are something truly unique, and make the ideal gift. Doctor Seaweed’s Weed & Wonderful were the winners of the 2018 Best Branding Project at the UK Packaging Awards, which is an incredible accolade to the branding, and packaging design.
Why not try frying your Chanukah latkes in our Pure or Smoked Scottish Seaweed Infused Rapeseed oils. We’ve tried both, and they are spectacular!!
Chanukah Latke Recipe – with Weed & Wonderful Seaweed Infused Oils
- 1kg potatoes, peeled, soaked in cold water until needed
- 1 onion, peeled
- 25g plain flour or fine matzoh meal
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Weed & Wonderful Pure or Smoked Seaweed Infused Rapeseed Oil for frying (the Pure will give you a wonderful deep umami flavour of the sea, and the Smoked will give you a subtle superb smokey flavour – why not fry in two batches and try them both!!)
- Finely grate the potatoes and onion and mix together.
- Place the grated potato and onion into a colander and squeeze out as much moisture as you can. Or roll up the potato and onion in a clean kitchen tea towel and wring well to extract the liquid.
- Mix the potato and onion with the flour, egg and salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- Heat your Kosher certified Weed & Wonderful Seaweed Infused Oil in a frying pan until moderately hot and then place heaped tablespoons of the mixture into the pan to shallow-fry. Lower the heat, flatten each latke with the back of a spoon and fry for about five minutes on each side, turning over when the edges turn golden-brown. If the heat is too high, the latkes will become dark-brown on the outside before they are cooked inside. Remove the latkes from the pan and drain on absorbent paper (they absorb the oil, leave the latkes crisper).
- Serve the latkes hot with soured cream.
- Enjoy whilst playing dreidel!
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Doctor Seaweed.