It’s a new year! So we want to take you all back to basics, and explain what we do at Seaweed & Co.!
What Seaweed & Co. do?
Seaweed & Co. advise on, supply and accredit superior seaweed… from sea to store.
Why do we it
We want you to know how amazing seaweed is! It is the food of the future, and we want to help you know how to be part of this true superfood trend. No other food source has the health, nutrition and sustainability potential of seaweed!
Seaweed is vastly underutilised and is highly sustainable resource. Using a species that has the right benefits and the right supply is essential. That is why we use Hebridean Ascophyllum seaweed, specially selected and processed for its unique qualities.
How we do it
We do this in three ways:
- Advise, and help you understand it
- Supply, in a format that is easy, convenient and familiar to use
- Accredit, so you know its high quality, safe, traceable and sustainable
At Seaweed & Co. we supply Hebridean Ascophyllum nodosum seaweed, amongst a few other select species. This is harvested and processed using our Patent Pending processes, and sourced from the pristine waters of the Scottish Outer Hebridean islands, with special rights from the Queen herself.
Our seaweed is supplied as three main products:
- Seaweed& Hebridean Asco: Our Core Organic Hebridean Ascophyllum Seaweed – in fine or medium granules
- Seaweed& Smoked: Based around our core seaweed, this Organic Naturally Oak Smoked Seaweed provides all the benefits plus superb smoky flavours – in fine or medium granules
- Seaweed& Protect: Based around our core seaweed, this micro-encapsulated seaweed powder has no flavour or aroma, and offers enhanced nutritional protection through digestion.
Our Seaweed being used…
Seasoned Corn and Smokey Seaweed Edamame – The Food Doctor
The Food Doctor has created this amazing Corn and Edamame Bean snack using Seaweed & Co.’s superb naturally oak smoked seaweed.
Stag Bakery Stornoway Range – Seaweed Water Biscuits, Seaweed Oatcakes and Seaweed Shortbread.
Stag Bakery have an amazing range of biscuits using our Seaweed& Hebridean Asco, the water biscuits and oatcakes are perfect with cheese and the shortbread is best with a lovely cup of tea or coffee!
There are an amazing number of benefits of our seaweed:
To find out more about Seaweed & Co., our seaweed, and the amazing benefits it can provide, feel free to get in touch today!